SINGAPORE BRAIN SPINE NERVES CENTER
Specialist Center dedicated to the diagnosis and comprehensive modern treatment of Spine, Brain and Nerve Disorders. The conditions we treat include spine pain relief, spine injury, slipped discs in the spine, spine tumors, brain tumors, brain injury, stroke and epilepsy.
To provide high quality, effective, medically proven and scientifically documented diagnosis and treatments for spine and neurological conditions.
To provide quick relief in a gentle, safe and compassionate manner to all those with spine and neurological disorders using modern methods.
Dr Prem Pillay
MBBS (Singapore), FRCS (Edinburgh, UK), FAMS (Neurosurgery),
FRCS Canada (Neurosurgery), FACS (USA)
30 YEARS OF SPECIALIST EXPERIENCE
USA, CANADA, UK, SINGAPORE
Dr Prem Pillay specializes in all aspects of neurosurgery, Brain, Spine Surgery, Endovascular Neurosurgery, including non-surgical Brain and Spine Treatments. Servicing Singapore, he operates at the Mt Elizabeth Medical Centre.
- Dr Prem Pillay, is a Neurosurgeon with more than 30 Years of Experience. He spent many years working for the Cleveland Clinic, a Top hospital in the United States (Top 5 in Neurosurgery in the USA), where he was the Chief Resident Neurosurgeon and won the Lower Award and the Pudenz Award for his Neuro Research. He was mentored by their World Renowned Neurosurgeons including Dr Joe Hahn, Dr John Little (Aneurysms and AVMs), Dr Russell Hardy, Dr Ian Kalfas (Spine and Image Guidance/Spine Robotics Experts) and Dr Sam Hassenbusch (Pain and Brain Tumors Expert). Following that, Dr Prem Pillay was posted to the Mayo clinic, thus allowing him to learn from Dr Patrick Kelly, a world leader in robotics and image-guided neurosurgery.
- Dr Prem Pillay completed a Fellowship in Neurosurgical Oncology (Brain+Spine) at MD Anderson Cancer Center (The no. 1 Cancer Center in the USA and Globally) where he was taught by Dr Raymond Sawaya one of the Famous Pioneers of Brain Tumor Microsurgery including for Gliomas and Glioblastoma Multiforme. Subsequently, he completed a fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto,Canada under the tutelage of Dr Harold Hoffman, Dr Robin Humphreys, Dr Jim Drake, and Dr Rutka all of whom are among the best in their field in the World. He also worked with Dr Joe Maroon, a Leading World renowned Spine Surgeon and Neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh and a pioneer and Leader for Minimally Invasive Spine and Percutaneous Spine procedures.
- Dr Prem Pillay is now practising at the Singapore Brain-Spine-Nerves Center at Mount Elizabeth Hospital and at the Advanced Spine Center at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital in Singapore.
- Dr Prem Pillay is an award winning Neurosurgeon in the areas of less invasive Brain and Spine treatments/surgery. He is an old boy of ACS where he was a top student and a recipient of the Seow Poh Leng Medal. He is a graduate of the National University of Singapore Medical School where he was awarded the Singapore Medical Association medal for being one of the top students in his graduating class. He has served as a Military Doctor and was a Senior Surgeon at a Combat hospital during his reservist period. He was also the Head of the Department of Neurosurgery and Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Singapore General Hospital and involved in the teaching and training of medical students, young doctors and neurosurgical trainee. He has introduced many new technologies and techniques in Neurosurgery to Singapore and the Region, including computer aided/Image guided surgery for the brain and spine,3D microsurgery, and radiosurgery including the gamma knife ,epilepsy surgery, Neuro Endoscopy and Pain treatments. He was awarded the Mahaley Award (USA/ International) for innovative work on Endoscopic tumor surgery in the area of neuro oncology. He also received the National Brain Tumor Foundation (USA) award for his work in helping individuals with Brain Tumors.
- Dr Prem Pillay has presented at more than 100 international/local meetings and written for journals,textbooks and public talks. He remains committed to carrying out the highest quality treatment pioneered by the best neurosurgeons in the world for his patients.
- Memberships in Professional Organisations: Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons(CNS) for the tumour, spine & peripheral nerve, stereotactic & functional neurosurgery, paediatric and pain sections.